Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 22, 2008

Our Friend Flicka!

Ok, so I think that refers to a horse or dolphin but I can't remember which! Today we got to see the "Flicker" of the baby's heartbeat! HOW COOL IS THAT? Yes, those are the exact words I said. We didn't get to hear it yet, but the doctor said we might not be able to even before he tried. So we are now on the TWW (two week wait) again... this time waiting for our next ultrasound at 8 weeks. They said they might release me to my regular OB/GYN after that. I don't want them to though, cause I kind of think they might not do sono's every week or two there!

I've always thought it's an amazing reaction of the body what type of pain you can feel from a tiny papercut. How is that possible? Ok, new analogy... how can something the size of a fat piece of rice make me not be able to keep my eyes open. I've taken a nap every afternoon for a week! I had to go to Shannon's school this afternoon to wait on him to finish work before we went to our appointment and I laid on the floor in his classroom and napped! How can something so small make me SOOOOO TIIRRREEEEDDD!

By the way, the baby is about 2 1/2 mm long from head to rump! He or she will grow rapidly to 1/2 inch by the time we go back for our next appointment. The next milestone will be at 9 1/2 weeks when I can stop taking Progesterone (just 53 more doses, but who's counting).

No comments: